We’ve been though a tough winter and spring is finally here! People are itching to get their home improvement projects started, but it’s still chilly out. Have you found yourself wondering, “can I still paint outdoors?”
Here’s the answer you need ... maybe!
You can paint in cold temperatures to a point, but it will take longer for your paint to dry. Keep in mind, however, that cold weather can also affect the quality, appearance, and performance of your paint.
According to our research, the following problems can occur if you paint in temperatures of 45 degrees Fahrenheit or below, including:
1. Paint can coalesce or merge together, which can cause it to crack
2. Poor touch up quality
3. Inadequate stain resistance
4. Issues with color uniformity
5. Heavy film might lengthen the drying period
6. Your paint will require more mixing time
7. Improper film formation may cause a powdery residue
8. Your touch up coat may look lighter than your base coat
9. The cold may shorten the durability of your paint
If you’d like to start a painting project, but don’t want to deal with the problems that occur in cold weather painting, Mussio Ann Arbor Painters will take on your project! Our Ann Arbor painters are skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced servicing satisfied customers since 1984. Call (734) 995-2646 to receive a detailed bid. We treat every home as our own!