Does your home get a lot of sunlight?
Are you worried about paint bubbling?
Do you prep before you start to paint?
Well you should! Preparing surfaces before you paint can really save you a ton of time and frustration.
According to Sherwin Williams, possible reasons paint bubbles include:
- Direct sunlight on a surface that is too warm.
- Migration of water through an interior wall to the exterior, thus pushing the paint off of the surface.
- Application of oil-based or alkyd paint over a damp or wet surface.
- Exposure of latex paint film to dew, high humidity, moisture, or rain shortly after paint has dried, especially if there was inadequate surface preparation and/or poor ventilation in areas such as kitchens and bathrooms.
- Damp basements.
- Moisture seeping into the home through the exterior walls.
- Insufficient surface preparation
What’s the Solution?
According to Sherwin Williams, “remove all loose paint by scraping and sand the surface to smooth out any rough edges. Next, determine and repair any cause of excess moisture before repainting. Then repair old or damaged caulking or install new caulking as needed. Also install vents or exhaust fans or siding wedges to allow the moisture a path to escape instead of going through the paint.”
Want the job done right the first time? Contact a professional local painter in the Ann Arbor area to help you!
Professional Local Painters in Ann Arbor
If you’re worried about painting your home by on your own, call the experts – best local painters in Ann Arbor! We provide many references who will confirm the excellent quality you’ll receive from one of Ann Arbor’s top painting companies. Our path to success is based on being laser focused on incredible detail. If you’re not completely satisfied with the job, the owner, Steve Mussio, will make sure they make it right.
Call Mussio Painting in Ann Arbor today at (734) 995-2646. You’ll be amazed how our work will transform your home!