Do you suffer from insomnia?
Are you having a hard time finding a cure for your irregular sleep pattern?
Houzz indicated that “insomnia can be a medical condition, in many cases, sleep deprivation is the result of living in inadequate environments. This means that your bedroom's atmosphere may be keeping you from sleeping.” Bright lights and electronics may be also to blame, but have you ever considered that your décor may play an important role?
Here are a few design recommendations from Houzz to help you sleep better:
- Place your bed against a wall facing away from openings like doors and windows
- Control the amount of light by adding dimmer switches
- De-clutter your bedroom by getting rid of items underneath and around your bed
- Use quiet muted colors like soft shades of yellow, peach, green or blue
- Disconnect yourself from electronics by leaving them outside the bedroom
- Find accessories that serve their purpose but won’t interrupt your sleep
- Change your linens at least once a week
If you’re in the Ann Arbor area and would like a free evaluation and estimate for interior painting, exterior painting, deck refinishing, drywall repair, or anything else your home might need, please contact our Ann Arbor painters at 734-995-2646. You and your much needed sleep won’t regret it!