How do I remove wallpaper without destroying my walls?
Does it matter which wallpaper solution I use?
We’ll do our best to answer all your unanswered questions because we’re Ann Arbor’s master painters!
We’d like to offer you our suggestions for removing unwanted wallpaper in your house (almost) pain free. Some of the steps you can take are:
- Use a concentrated remover solution (like vinegar and water). This should help dissolve the wallpaper glue.
- If the wallpaper doesn't peel off effortlessly, spray the vinegar and water remover solution on the wall and let it penetrate.
- After the solution has soaked through, try peeling the wallpaper, starting with the bottom corner.
- Scrape the leftover backing with a putty knife using light pressure.
- When you think the wallpaper and glue are removed, spray the wall with the vinegar and water solution one more time and scrape off any missed spots.
- Lastly, wipe down the walls with a damp cloth.
When the removal process is over, there may be a little damage to your walls depending on your previous wallpaper installation technique. If proper preliminary steps were taken, like sealing the walls with a primer, your walls should be damage free after the removal process.
If you’re concerned about the amount of time and effort it might take to remove your wallpaper, no worries! Mussio Ann Arbor Master Painters will get the job done, so you don’t have to worry about the headache. The #1 easiest way to remove wallpaper is to hire us to do it! Call (734) 995-2646 to receive a detailed bid. We treat every home as our own!